The following describes the standard equipped BenRom SD 10.
- An all-pull changer with 3 raise and 3 lower. The lower lever contact on the brass finger has a lubricated and sealed ball bearing. This detail helps keep friction at an absolute minimum as well as one less maintenance item to worry about
- The changer fingers are made from brass, which has nice tonal features.
- The keyhead end of the strings have gauged rollers made out of brass as well. The roller grooves are machined to the correct depth/width ratio according to the gauge of each string.
- Four pedals and five knee levers standard, set up to the individual player's preferred E9th copedent.
- All major parts like end plates, changer mount, and key head are milled out of solid stock 6061 T6 aluminum. With George Leite at EMG Automation joining BenRom, all metal parts are now made by EMG on their CNC machines. This method assures 100% accuracy repeated on every guitar.
- Stainless steel hardware like nuts and bolts is used throughout.
- Single coil BenRom pickup. However a Tonealigner humbucking pickup can be installed to the user's preference for an additional fee.
- Well known high quality Sperzel tuners (low profile) in the key head. 18:1 gear ratio
- Polished stainless steel legs from Don Burrows. Length to user's specs.
- Choice of hard maple, Birdseye maple or Curly Maple in body and wood neck. Finished with instrument lacquer. Buyer also chooses the colour among a variety of dyes (or you can leave it natural clear lacquer)
- All visible parts have a polished finish: End plates, key head, changer housing, knee levers and pedals and pedal bar. Under carriage parts including cross shafts and bell cranks have a fine-sanded matte finish. A full polish package can be arranged for an additional fee.
- The BenRom has split tuners on all 10 strings, as well as raise helper springs on every string, if so desired.